Dr. Vender graduated with Distinction from Stanford University. He then achieved his M.D. degree from the University of Illinois, College of Medicine, participating in the James Scholar Program. His residency at Northwestern University was in the Department of Orthopedic Surgery. He continued his education with fellowship training in Hand Surgery at the Connecticut Combined Hand Services in Harford, Connecticut.
- Medical School: University of Illinois-Chicago
- Internship: McGaw Medical Center of Northwestern University
- Residency: Northwestern University
- Fellowship: Connecticut Combined Hand Services
- Undergraduate: Stanford University