Hand to Shoulder Associates provides comprehensive hand therapy and post-surgical rehabilitation for hand injuries and conditions. Our specialized hand therapists work closely with our board-certified hand surgery specialists.
Candidates for hand therapy
Hand therapy is valuable for individuals with various hand-related conditions, injuries, or post-surgical rehabilitation needs. You may be a candidate for hand therapy if you are experiencing:
- Hand Injuries: Whether it's a traumatic hand injury, a sports-related injury, or an accident causing fractures, dislocations, or soft tissue damage, hand therapy can assist in the healing process and restore hand function.
- Strain Injuries: Individuals facing strain injuries from activities like typing, using handheld devices, or playing musical instruments can benefit from hand therapy to manage pain and prevent further strain.
- Arthritis: For those affected by hand arthritis, hand therapy can help reduce pain, increase joint mobility, and improve hand strength.
- Nerve Injuries: If you have experienced nerve injuries like carpal tunnel syndrome, cubital tunnel syndrome, or radial nerve injuries, hand therapy can aid nerve healing and enhance sensory and motor function.
- Tendon Conditions: Hand therapy benefits conditions like tendonitis, trigger finger, and conditions requiring tendon repair or reconstruction.
- Dupuytren's Contracture: Individuals with Dupuytren's contracture can benefit from hand therapy to manage the condition's progression and improve hand function.
- Post-Surgical Rehabilitation: After hand surgeries, such as fracture fixation, joint replacement, tendon repair, or nerve repair, hand therapy plays a vital role in supporting healing, restoring function, and preventing complications.
- Hand Deformities: Individuals with congenital hand deformities or acquired hand deformities can receive specialized hand therapy to improve hand function and independence.
- General Hand Pain or Dysfunction: If you experience chronic hand pain, decreased hand strength, or difficulty performing daily tasks, hand therapy can address your concerns and enhance hand function.