Shoulder fractures are common injuries from trauma, such as falls, accidents, or sports-related incidents. At HSA, our experienced surgeons specialize in diagnosing and treating shoulder fractures, providing comprehensive care to help you recover and regain optimal shoulder function.
Types of shoulder fractures
Shoulder fractures can involve various bones within the shoulder complex, including:
- The collarbone (clavicle)
- The upper arm bone (humerus)
- The shoulder blade (scapula)
The types of shoulder fractures include:
- Clavicle Fracture: A break in the collarbone, typically caused by a fall onto the shoulder or an outstretched arm.
- Proximal Humerus Fracture: A fracture in the upper part of the arm bone that connects to the shoulder joint, often resulting from a direct blow or a fall onto an outstretched arm.
- Scapula Fracture: A fracture in the shoulder blade, usually caused by high-energy trauma, such as a motor vehicle accident or a severe fall.