Thumb osteoarthritis is a common condition that affects the joint at the base of the thumb, causing pain and stiffness. At HSA, our specialists are highly experienced in accurately diagnosing, managing, and treating this condition. We offer comprehensive care to help you find relief and regain optimal thumb function.
Symptoms of thumb osteoarthritis
Thumb osteoarthritis can present with one or more of the following symptoms:
- Thumb Pain: Persistent pain in the base of the thumb joint, which may worsen with activity or gripping.
- Stiffness: Reduced range of motion in the thumb makes performing tasks requiring fine motor skills challenging.
- Swelling: Inflammation and swelling around the thumb joint.
- Weakness: Weakening of the thumb muscles due to pain or disuse.
- Enlarged Joint: The base of the thumb joint may appear enlarged or develop bony growths.